Port Blair: Now tourists will be flocking to Andaman. Today i.e. on Tuesday, the new terminal of Veer Savarkar International Airport will be inaugurated in Port Blair. Today PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate it through video conferencing at 10:30 am. According to the information of the PMO in this regard, the building of the new terminal has been completed at a cost of about Rs 710 crore.
The airport looks like a conch shell
There is also news that Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia will also participate in the inauguration program of this airport. They will reach the airport at 9 am today. According to the information, the design of the new terminal is inspired by nature, which resembles a conch-shaped structure depicting the sea and islands in the design.
Highlights of the New Terminal
- The terminal is built over an area of approximately 40,800 square meters.
- It is capable of handling about 50 lakh passengers annually.
- The entire terminal will have 100% natural light for 12 hours daily.
- The terminal has 28 check-in counters, 3 passenger boarding bridges, and 4 conveyor belts.
- The airport has parking for planes like 2 Boeing-767-400 and 2 Airbus-321 built at a cost of Rs 80 crore.
- The airport can now have 10 planes parked at a time.
- Underground rainwater harvesting in this building.
- An on-site sewage treatment plant and a 500 kW solar power plant were also installed.