New Delhi: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has released the admit card for the CA Foundation December 2023 session on its official website, eservices.icai.org. The candidates who have registered for the examination can download their admit cards by logging in with their credentials.
The CA Foundation examination is the first level of the Chartered Accountancy course. It consists of four papers, each carrying 100 marks. The examination will be conducted on December 31, 2023, January 2, 4, and 6, 2024. The duration of the examination is two hours for each paper. Papers 1 and 2 will be held from 2 pm to 5 pm, while Papers 3 and 4 will be held from 2 pm to 4 pm.
How to download the CA Foundation admit card?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download their CA Foundation admit card:
- Visit the official website of ICAI, eservices.icai.org.
- On the home page, click on the link that says “ICAI CA Foundation December 2023 Admit Card”.
- Enter your registration number and password and click on the submit button.
- Your admit card will appear on the screen. Check the details such as your name, roll number, exam date, timings, and center address.
- Download the admit card and take a printout for future reference.
The candidates are advised to download their admit card as soon as possible and carry it along with a valid photo identity proof to the exam center. No candidate can enter the exam hall without the admit card.
What are the changes in the CA Foundation exam pattern?
The ICAI has made some changes in the exam pattern of the CA Foundation program, effective from the December 2023 session. The changes are as follows:
- The number of subjects has been reduced from six to four. The subjects are Principles and Practice of Accounting, Business Laws and Correspondence, Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics, and Business Economics.
- The subject of Business and Commercial Knowledge has been removed from Paper 4. The subject of Business Correspondence and Reporting has been removed from Paper 2.
- The negative marking scheme has been introduced for Paper 3 and Paper 4. For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. There is no negative marking for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The passing criteria have been revised. The candidates have to score at least 50 percent in aggregate and 40 percent in each subject to qualify for the examination.
The candidates are advised to carefully review the revised syllabus and exam pattern and prepare accordingly. The ICAI has also released the mock test papers and sample papers for the CA Foundation examination on its website, icai.org. The candidates can practice them to enhance their preparation and performance.