- What’s not changing: The company has clarified that all media and media files shared between users will remain encrypted end-to-end. This means that neither WhatsApp nor its parent company Facebook will be able to read your message.
- Talking about business, it will be optional. This means that your choice is whether you want to share your number with a brand/company or not.
- WhatsApp has insisted that the company will not share the contact of users with the business. The company also claims that the policy prevents the business from contacting users without approval.
- WhatsApp expands the new policy saying, ‘It is up to the user whether you share your number with a business or not and you can block a business at any time.’
- The company says, ‘For your exciting new terms and service, WhatsApp does not extend its ability to share user data with its parent company Facebook.’
- You will be able to contact more business on WhatsApp to work faster than phone or email.
- This is completely optional, the company says that WhatsApp will not share the number of users with any company / brand on its behalf.
- Often people find the button on Facebook or Instagram, which you can click to message them using WhatsApp.
- If you choose to click on these ads on Facebook, it can be used to personalize the ads you see. Facebook and WhatsApp cannot see encrypted messages end-to-end.