New Delhi: The country currently dominates the second wave of Corona. But now there is a relief, the pace of this terrible infection in the country has slowed down a bit. However, the death toll in corona patients has still not declined. In the last 24 hours, less than 3 lakh new corona cases have been reported in the country, while around 4100 patients who have been affected by this epidemic have lost their lives.
If you look at the data of the Worldometer, then in the last 24 hours, 2.81 lakh new cases have been reported in the country. It may be noted that new cases of corona are falling in the national capital Delhi and Maharashtra.
What the figures say:
- Total new cases in last 24 hours – 2,81,860
- Total deaths in last 24 hours – 4,092
- Total figure of corona infects in India – 2,49,64,925 in the country
- Number of patients cured in the country so far – 2,11,67,609
- Total death toll from corona in India – 2,74,411
- Here, the Union Health Ministry said on Sunday that the number of active corona patients has steadily decreased in the country. Along with this, the rate of corona infection has also increased to 16.98%. At the same time, the number of active patients in the country is 14.66% of the total cases of infection. According to the ministry, 74.69% of active cases are in 10 states. These include Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerala, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Gujarat, and Chhattisgarh.
Current status of lockdown in states:
Uttar Pradesh: The partial corona curfew (lockdown) implemented in the state is now extended till seven o’clock in the morning of next Monday, May 24.
Jharkhand: Lockdown has been extended till 27 May.
Chhattisgarh: Corona lockdown in all 28 districts, increased till 31 May.
Punjab: Coronary restrictions were extended to 31 May, including the night curfew.
West Bengal: The government announced a complete lockdown from 16 May to 30 May.
Bihar: Now the lockdown period has been extended to 25 May.
Rajasthan: Lockdown has been imposed from 10 to 24 May.
Odisha: There is a 14-day lockdown from May 5 to May 19.
Goa: Curfew imposed from 9 May to 24 May.
Tamil Nadu: There is a lockdown from 10 May to 24 May.
Puducherry: Extended the lockdown from 10 May to 24 May.
What is the state of Maharashtra:
While Maharashtra is witnessing a decline in Corona Cases on the one hand, on the other hand, the increasing death toll has put the government in a tizzy. In the last 24 hours, there have been 974 deaths due to corona infection in the state, raising the death toll in the state to 81,486, while 34,389 new cases of infection occurred.
Here, the number of new cases in the state remained below 40,000 for the third consecutive day. The state health department said that the total number of cases in Maharashtra has now reached 53,78,452. In the last 24 hours, a total of 59,318 patients were discharged a day, leading to an increase in the number of people recovering in Maharashtra to 48,26,371, while 4,68,109 patients are now undergoing treatment in the state. The rate of recovery of the infected is 89.74%. The department said in a release that with 2,64,587 new investigations, the total number of investigations conducted so far in Maharashtra has increased to 3,11,03,991.