New Delhi: WhatsApp has become a very important app these days and everything from simple chatting to important office-related chats is also happening on WhatsApp. That’s why we are always trying to keep WhatsApp chat secure. Meanwhile, even if someone gets hold of your mobile password, your WhatsApp chats will be safe. Because WhatsApp has introduced a new privacy feature. In which you can lock your WhatsApp messages. The name of this new feature is Chat Lock. Interestingly, the lock option has been made available not only for individuals but also for group chats. So you can save your chats in a folder.
Your chat will be safe
Thanks to this new feature, no one else will be able to read your message. Once the message was received on WhatsApp, the sender’s name and message could have been read by someone else due to the notification. But now because of the chat lock feature, your chats will be safe. This feature can be used on Android as well as iOS phones.
Let’s see how to use the chat lock feature
- To use this feature, you must first update your WhatsApp to the latest version.
- Then tap on the chat you want to lock.
- Go to the chat info section of the WhatsApp group chat or contact you want to lock.
- Here you have to click on Enable option to start the chat lock feature. After this, your chat will be locked
- You will now need to use Face ID or fingerprint to read this chat. Only then you can read these chat messages at your convenience.
- First open WhatsApp.
- Then swipe down and click on Locked Chat Folder.
- Then open the chat the same way you locked it i.e. you can open the chat by entering your fingerprint or pattern.