New Delhi: The month of September is about to end. The new month will start after three days. There are plenty of holidays in October due to many festivals. This is the reason that in the month of October, there will be work in banks only for 15 days. That means there will be a holiday in banks for 15 days. Therefore, if you also intend to go to the bank next month, then go to the bank only after seeing the holiday list. The Reserve Bank gives information about which days there will be holidays in banks. The Reserve Bank prepares a holiday list for every calendar year.
In the list of holidays released by RBI, many of these holidays are national. Banking services will remain closed across the country on that day. At the same time, some holidays are at the local or regional level. On those days, bank branches will be closed only in the states associated with it. Therefore, it is not necessary that if there is a holiday for banks in Punjab on any day, then banks in Maharashtra should also remain closed on that day.
How many days will banks remain closed in October?
Banks will remain closed for several days in October due to Gandhi Jayanti, Navratri, and Dussehra. According to the RBI list, banks will remain closed for a total of 15 days in the month of October, including Saturday and Sunday holidays. Apart from the public sector, there will be 15 days of holiday in the private sector and regional banks.
On which days will banks remain closed?
- Banks will remain closed across the country on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
- There will be a holiday in banks across the country on October 2, 2023, due to Gandhi Jayanti.
- There will be a holiday in banks across the country due on Sunday, October 8, 2023.
- Banks will remain closed in Kolkata on October 14, 2023, due to Mahalaya and in the entire country on the second Saturday.
- There will be a bank holiday across the country on Sunday, October 15, 2023.
- Banks will remain closed in Guwahati on 18 October 2023 due to Kati Bihu.
- October 21, 2023 There will be a holiday in banks in Agartala, Guwahati, Imphal, and Kolkata due to Durga Puja/Maha Saptami.
- There will be a holiday in banks across the country due on Sunday, October 22, 2023.
- October 24, 2023 Due to Dussehra, banks will remain closed in the entire country except Hyderabad and Imphal.
- October 25, 2023 Banks will remain closed in Gangtok due to Durga Puja (Dasai).
- Banks will remain closed in Gangtok, Jammu, and Srinagar on October 26, 2023, Durga Puja (Dasai)/Accession Day.
- Banks will remain closed in Gangtok on October 27, 2023, in Durga Puja (Dasai).
- Banks will remain closed in the entire country including Kolkata on October 28, 2023, due to Lakshmi Puja and the fourth Saturday.
- Banks will remain closed across the country on October 29, 2023.
- There will be a holiday in banks in Ahmedabad on October 31, 2023, the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.