New Delhi: Apple has released a minor update for its iOS devices, iOS 17.2.1, which fixes some bugs that may have affected the performance or stability of the devices. The update comes after the launch of iOS 17.2 earlier this month, which added new features such as the Journal app and the Spatial Video mode.
What is iOS 17.2.1?
iOS 17.2.1 is a minor update that “provides important bug fixes and is recommended for all users,” according to the update log. The update does not introduce any new features, but it may resolve some issues that could have impacted the user experience. The update may also improve the security and reliability of the iOS devices.
Who can get iOS 17.2.1?
The update is compatible with all iPhones that support iOS 17, starting from iPhone XS and later models. If you already have iOS 17, you can get this update as well.
How to install iOS 17.2.1?
To install the update, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection and enough battery charge (at least 50-60%) before you start the update process.
What are the features of iOS 17.2?
iOS 17.2, which was released earlier this month, brought some new features that were promised with the iOS 17 update, such as:
- The Journal app: A new app that lets you document your daily life on your iPhone, by showing you ‘Moments’ from your iPhone data, such as photos, locations, and workouts. You can easily add these events to your journal and customize them with text, stickers, and emojis.
- The Spatial Video mode: A new feature that lets you record 3D videos from the wide and ultra-wide lens on your iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. These videos can be played on the Apple Vision Pro headset, which is expected to launch next year. The Spatial Video mode is designed to create immersive and realistic videos that capture the depth and perspective of the scenes.