New Delhi: The central government has given great relief to the general public and businessmen. In the latest decisions, the government has extended the last date for submission of documents in respect of some important services. The government has taken this step in view of the convenience of the public and traders due to the Corona crisis. These include Income Tax, ITR, TDS, Railways, Aadhar, PAN Income Tax, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Aadhar-PAN Link, TDS, Railway Recruitment etc. Know here 15 cases in which applicants will get relief due to extension of last date.
- The government has extended the date of filing of income tax returns till 31 July, giving convenience to taxpayers.
- The deadline for linking Aadhaar card with PAN card has also been extended till 31 March 2021, giving relief to common citizens.
- Investment deadlines for FY 2019-20 and the deadline for issuing Form 16 for companies have been extended once again.
- There is also good news about South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2020. The last date for online application has been extended by South Eastern Railway to fill the vacant posts. It has now been increased to 15 July 2020. In this recruitment, Railway has asked eligible candidates to be Co-Ticket Clerk, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Senior Comm, Cum Ticket Clerk, General Department Competitive Examination (GDCE) Senior Cum Typist, JE (P.Y), JE (Works), JE ( Online applications are invited for the posts of Signal) and JE (Tele) category etc.
- In the notification issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes, the investment deadline for tax claims for the financial year 2019-20 has also been extended till 31 July 2020. Earlier, the government had set June 30 as the deadline for investment to get income tax exemption.
- The government has already extended the deadline for filing income tax returns for the financial year 2019-20 till November 30, 2020.
- The date of submission of income tax returns for the financial year 2019-20 has been extended up to November 30, 2020. Therefore those income tax returns which were to be filed by 31 July, 2020 and 31 October can now be filed by 30 November 2020. The date of submission of tax account examination report has also been extended up to 31 October 2020.
- To provide relief to small and middle class taxpayers, the government has also extended the date of payment of self assessment tax up to Rs 1 lakh to 30 November 2020. However, it has been clarified that the date for payment of self assessment tax for taxpayers will not be extended, in which the amount of self assessment tax liability is more than Rs 1 lakh.
- The date for making various payments to claim deduction under the IT Act has been extended up to 31 July 2020. These are the cases which include Section 80C (LIC, PPF, NSC etc.), 80D (Mediclaim), 80G (donation) etc. Payment can be made by 31 July 2020 to claim deduction under these cases for FY 2019-20.
- The investment / construction / date for claiming benefits / deductions in respect of capital gains under sections 54 to 54 GB of the IT Act has also been extended up to September 30.
- The date of commencement of operations for SEZ units claiming deduction under Section 10AA of the IT Act has also been extended to 30 September 2020.
- The date for presenting TDS / TCS statements, issuing TDS / TCS certificate, submission of ITR for taxpayers for FY 2019-20 has been extended to 31 July, 2020 and 15 August, 2020 respectively.
- The date of sending notice or issue of orders by the authorities and various cases under various direct tax and benami laws which were to be completed by December 31, 2020, has now been extended to March 31, 2021. In this sequence, the date of linking Aadhaar with PAN has been extended to 31 March 2021.