New Delhi: Delhi government will give compensation of up to 5 lakh rupees to the families of corona patients who died due to lack of oxygen in Delhi. This compensation is different from and above the declaration in which Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had announced a compensation of Rs 50,000 to the families of those who died from Corona. How to give this compensation and to whom people should be given, Delhi Government has formed a committee of 6 doctors. For the first time in the country, any state government has taken such an initiative.
What will be the work of the committee
- The committee will decide the scale based on which the compensation of maximum 5 lakhs should be given.
- This committee will take all complaints and representations and will meet at least 2 times in a week.
- Kameti will see if oxygen was being used properly in the hospital.
- The committee will see what steps the hospital has taken to maintain oxygen supply in view of the admitted patients.
- The committee will have the right to examine any document related to oxygen supply, stock and storage from the concerned hospital.
- This committee will send its report to the Principal Secretary (Health) of Delhi on a weekly basis.