Swami Vivekananda Jayanti is celebrated in our country on 12 January every year, this day is also celebrated as ‘National Youth Day’ in our country. Today is the 159th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Swami Vivekananda is ideal for all of us, by adopting whose thoughts we can enrich our life and our country.
We all know that Swami Vivekananda played an important role in the revival of Hinduism in India. He is best known for his famous 1893 Chicago Speech. Due to this speech in Chicago, he started being discussed all over the world. In 1984, the Government of India declared his date of birth as National Youth Day and the day is being celebrated since 1985. Today, on the occasion of ‘Swami Vivekananda Jayanti’ and ‘National Youth Day’, let us know the thoughts of the great personality of the country…
- It is our duty to encourage each one to struggle to live up to his highest idea, and at the same time strive to make the ideal for truth as true as possible.
- We are what our thoughts have made us, so be mindful of what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts remain, they travel far.
- Don’t forget who is helping you. Don’t hate those who love you. Don’t deceive those who believe in you. If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value, but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it gets rid of, the better.
- Be a hero. Always say, I have no fear.
- Power and energy is life, weakness is death. Expansion is life, contraction is death. Love is life, hate is death. – You cannot believe in God unless you believe in yourself.
- Meditation can turn fools into sages but unfortunately fools never meditate. – Do one thing at a time, and while doing it put your whole soul to the exclusion of everyone else. Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead, if you lose, you can guide.
- Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.
- Arise, awake and do not stop till the goal is achieved.
- Talk to yourself once a day, otherwise, you may miss out on meeting an outstanding person in this world.
- All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who put our hands in front of our eyes and cried that it is dark.