New Delhi: State Bank of India (SBI) is starting a new facility for pensioners from 1st November 2021. Under this, pension account holders in the bank can submit their life certificates through video calls sitting at home. SBI has named this new facility as Video Life Certificate Service.
SBI said that the Video Life Certificate service is an easy and secure paperless and free facility. In this, the pensioner will need a registered mobile number and PAN card. For this, pensioners have to visit the official website https://www.pensionseva.sbi/. Then enter your SBI pension account number after selecting ‘Video LC’ from the drop-down. After this, submit the OTP received on the registered mobile number of the pensioner. After that accept the terms and conditions and click on ‘Start Journey’.
Keep PAN Card ready
- After keeping the PAN card ready during the video call, click on ‘I am ready’.
- To initiate a video call, give permissions related to the camera, microphone and location.
- An SBI official will come on video call.
- If you want, you can schedule the video call on time as per your convenience.
- On the start of the video call, the pensioner will get the verification code. Tell this to the SBI official.
- Show your PAN card on video call. SBI official will capture it.
- The SBI officer will also take the picture of the pensioner. After that the process will be completed.
Special website for pensioners
SBI has also created a special website for pensioners. The pensioner has to register first on this website. After that, it can be used by logging in easily. This website will make many pension-related tasks easier for senior citizens. Through the website, users can download the arrears calculation sheet. Along with this, you can also download a pension slip or Form-16. Apart from this, pension profile details, investment information, and life certificate status can also be checked. Information about the transactions done in the bank will also be available through this website.