New Delhi: Qualcomm has launched its new powerful chipset Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. The company’s new chip will work with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and 8 Gen 1 chips. The company has announced that the new system-on-a-chip (SoC) will be coming to Android phones in the next few months. Compared to the Snapdragon 1, it gets 35% better CPU performance, 25% faster GPU performance, and comes with a big improvement in artificial intelligence (AI).
The company has told that the new chip will be available to the smartphone by the end of the year. The new chip will first be given in Android phones ASUS, Honor, iQOO, Motorola, Nubia, OnePlus, Oppo, Red Magic. Also Redmi, Sharp, Sony, Vivo, Xiaomi, Meizu and ZTE will also get it in the next year.
Talking about the specialty, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 has been introduced with 4nm technology. This chipset comes with better speed, better AI and strong connectivity. Along with this, the option of AI camera and multi language translation is also available in this processor.
The gaming experience will feel real
In this, customers get Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth v5.3 and clock speed up to 3.2GHz in single core. Apart from this, Ray-tracing feature is available in Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, which will increase the gaming experience and hardware performance, and will give real life feeling to the users during gaming.
The new Kyro CPU design (1+4+3) is available with the new chipset, which also has 1 prime core, 4 gold cores and 3 efficiency cores. The chip supports multi-language translation, natural processing language and AI camera functions. It is also the first chip from the company to support INT4, which is an AI format. It also has Qualcomm’s AI Sensing Hub that supports custom AI trigger words.
- Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform to revolutionize flagship smartphones for truly extraordinary experiences
- Snapdragon Smart enables groundbreaking AI experiences like faster natural language processing with multi-language translation and revolutionary INT4 support
- Snapdragon Sight™ technology additions include a new Cognitive ISP to power real-time semantic segmentation for photo and video capture, delivering breakthrough customized professional quality enhancements
- Snapdragon Elite Gaming™ features fuel champion-level gameplay with the industry standard for real-time hardware-accelerated ray tracing
- Snapdragon Connect enhancements include unparalleled connectivity featuring the world’s first 5G AI processor in a mobile platform, and the only commercial Wi-Fi 7 SoC with High Band Simultaneous Multi-Link
- Snapdragon Sound™ technology supports spatial audio with dynamic head tracking for ultra-immersive gaming and multimedia experiences
- Expected to be launched in commercial devices by the end of 2022