Significance of Sharad Purnima
According to mythology, on this day i.e. on the full moon date of Ashwin month, Goddess Laxmi was born from the churning of the ocean. Due to this date is considered to be a wealth-giver. It is believed that on this day Goddess Lakshmi roams the earth. During this, those who wake up in the night and worship them, their grace showers on them and bestows them with wealth and splendor.
Let us tell you that Sharad Purnima is also known as Kojagari Purnima and Ras Purnima. So it is said that on this day the moon is in its full phases and the light of the four moons is spread on the earth. It seems as if the earth is bathing in floodlight. It is believed that on this day nectar is showered by the rays of the moon, hence the tradition of keeping kheer in the moonlight on the night of Sharad Purnima and the next morning in the morning is prevalent.
Sharad Purnima Puja Method
- Get up in the Brahma Muhurta, take a bath in the holy river or take bath with the Ganges water mixed in the bath water and wear clean clothes.
- After this, spread a red cloth on a wooden post or pad, sprinkle Gangajal on it, and purify it.
- Install the idol of Goddess Lakshmi on the post and offer red chunari to her.
- Then worship Goddess Lakshmi duly with red flowers, perfume, naivedya, incense lamp, betel nut, etc., and recite Lakshmi Chalisa.
- Perform aarti after the worship is over.
- Worship the mother and Lord Vishnu again in the evening and offer Arghya to the moon.
- Apart from this, make kheer made of rice and cow’s milk and keep it in the light of the moon.
- Offer Kheer to Goddess Lakshmi in the middle of the night and distribute it to all the family members as prasad.
- Sharad Purnima has special significance in Hinduism. When Lord Krishna was born in Dwapar Yuga, then Goddess Lakshmi incarnated in the form of Radha. The beginning of the wonderful Rasleela of Lord Shri Krishna and Radha is also considered on the day of Sharad Purnima.
Sharad Purnima has special significance for Shaivite devotees. It is believed that Kumar Kartikeya, the son of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati, was also born on the day of Sharad Purnima. For this reason, it is also called Kumar Purnima.
According to the Panchang, Sharad Purnima is celebrated on the full moon day of Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month. This year this full moon is on the 9th of October, Sunday. According to the scriptures, donating according to the zodiac on the day of Sharad Purnima brings the special blessings of Goddess Lakshmi. Let us know which things are considered auspicious to donate according to the zodiac on the day of Sharad Purnima.
According to astrology
- On the day of Sharad Purnima, the people of Aries should offer Kheer to Goddess Lakshmi. Feed kheer to its daughters.
- Donate things like cow’s ghee, milk, etc. to the people of the Taurus zodiac. Maa Lakshmi will be very pleased by doing this.
- Donate milk and rice according to your ability on the day of Sharad Purnima, born in Gemini. Doing so will bring happiness and prosperity.
- The people of the Cancer zodiac should donate sweets made of milk on the day of Sharad Purnima. This will fulfill your wish.
- To get the blessings of Mother Lakshmi, the people of the Leo zodiac should donate jaggery. By doing this, the person will never have to face any financial crunch.
- The people of the Virgo zodiac should offer Kheer to Goddess Lakshmi on this day. Along with this, donate milk, kheer, curd, etc.
- If the people of the Libra zodiac want happiness only in the house, then go to the temple of Maa Lakshmi and donate kheer, milk, flour, pulses, etc.
- Give silver, rice, milk, etc. to girls and brahmins born in Scorpio.
- To get the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi and Vishnu, the people of Sagittarius, donate yellow clothes, turmeric, gram dal, etc. to the needy. By doing this one will get happiness and good luck.
- On the day of Sharad Purnima, the people of Capricorn should float rice in flowing water. Along with this, offer Kheer to Goddess Lakshmi.
- For the blessings of other deities along with mother Lakshmi, the people of Aquarius should feed the hungry. Along with this, recite Hanuman Chalisa.
- The people of the Pisces zodiac should feed Brahmins and girls. Along with this, leave by giving Dakshina. By doing this one will get wealth.