Dr. Ashutosh Upadhyay
In Vedic astrology, Shani Sade Sati (also known as Saturn’s Sade Sati) is a period of seven and a half years during which Saturn (Shani) transits through the twelfth, first, and second houses from the natal moon in a person’s birth chart. This period is considered to be one of the most challenging and testing periods in a person’s life, and is said to bring challenges, obstacles, and difficulties.
Shani Sade Sati is considered to be a significant event in Vedic astrology because Saturn is considered to be a slow-moving and heavy planet that can bring challenges, hardships, and delays to a person’s life. The Sade Sati period is said to begin when Saturn enters the twelfth house from the natal moon, and it ends when Saturn leaves the second house from the natal moon.
During the Sade Sati period, the person may face challenges in various areas of their life, such as health, relationships, finances, and career. They may also experience feelings of stress, anxiety, and frustration. However, this period is also seen as an opportunity for growth and transformation, as it provides a chance for the person to face their challenges and overcome them.
It is important to note that the impact of Shani Sade Sati can vary from person to person, depending on the positions of other planets in their birth chart and the strength of their natal moon. Some people may experience the effects of Sade Sati more strongly, while others may not experience them at all.
In order to mitigate the negative effects of Shani Sade Sati, Vedic astrologers recommend performing certain remedies, such as donating oil, iron, or black items, fasting on Saturdays, and performing pooja (worship) of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva. It is also recommended to maintain a positive attitude, to practice self-care, and to seek the help of a knowledgeable astrologer or spiritual advisor.
Shani Sade Sati is a significant period in Vedic astrology that can bring challenges and difficulties, but also opportunities for growth and transformation. By understanding the effects of Sade Sati and taking appropriate measures, one can navigate this period more effectively and emerge stronger and more resilient on the other side.
Simple remedies of sadesati
Here are some simple remedies that can be performed during the Shani Sade Sati period to reduce its negative effects and seek blessings from Lord Saturn:
1. Fasting on Saturdays: Fasting on Saturdays is considered to be one of the most effective remedies for Shani Sade Sati. This can be done by eating a simple, light meal or by skipping food entirely.
2. Donating Oil or Iron: Donating oil, iron, or black items is considered to be a powerful remedy for Shani Sade Sati. This can be done by giving these items to a temple, a poor person, or an orphanage.
3. Worshipping Lord Hanuman: Lord Hanuman is considered to be an ardent devotee of Lord Rama and is believed to have the power to remove obstacles and negativity in a person’s life. Worshipping Lord Hanuman regularly during the Sade Sati period can bring peace and prosperity.
4. Worshipping Lord Shiva: Lord Shiva is considered to be the ruler of Saturn, and is said to have the power to remove the negative effects of Shani. Worshipping Lord Shiva during the Sade Sati period can bring blessings and protection.
5. Chanting Mantras: Chanting mantras related to Lord Saturn, such as the Shani Mantra or the Shani Gayatri Mantra, can help to reduce the negative effects of Sade Sati and bring blessings from Lord Saturn.
6. Performing Good Deeds: Performing good deeds, such as helping the poor and the needy, donating to charity, or volunteering for a cause, can help to reduce the negative effects of Shani Sade Sati and bring blessings.
Consulting with a knowledgeable astrologer or spiritual advisor can provide valuable insights and guidance during the Sade Sati period. They can recommend specific remedies and rituals that are tailored to your birth chart and the position of Saturn in your life.