This year Holashtak is starting from 10th March, which will continue till Holika Dahan on 17th March. Holashtak will end with Holika Dahan. No auspicious work is done during the 8 days of Holashtak. According to astrological beliefs, from the eighth of the Shukla Paksha of the month of Phalguna to the full moon (Phalguna Purnima), 8 planets are respectively furious. These planets include Sun, Moon, Saturn, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury, Mars, and Rahu. Due to the fiery presence of these planets, there can be a negative effect on the auspicious works. Because of this, Manglik work is not done. Let us know which works should not be done in Holashta.
Prohibited work in Holashtak
- In Holashtak, 16 rites should never be performed including marriage, shaving, naming, engagement.
- Do not start the construction of a new house or enter the house on any day between Falgun Shukla Ashtami to Poornima.
- It is advisable to avoid buying a new house, vehicle, plot or other property during the days of Holashtak.
- No yagya, havan etc. should be done during the time of Holashtak. It can be done after or before Holi.
- According to astrological beliefs, job change should be avoided during the time of Holashtak. If you want to join a new job, then do it before or after Holashtak. If it is very necessary, then on the basis of the horoscope, one can take the advice of an astrologer.
Avoid starting any new business during the time of Holashtak. The planets are fiery during this time. This time is not considered good for starting a new business. Due to the fierceness of the planets, there is a fear of loss in business.
During the time of Holashtak, you can do bhajans, kirtans, worship recitations of God. There is no restriction for them. On the advice of an astrologer, you can take measures for the peace of your fiery planets.