Turmeric was first discovered in India. In India, turmeric was used as a medicine in the ancient era, but when the Mughals came to India, it started being used as a spice. Turmeric has many benefits, and science has also recognized that the medicinal properties of turmeric are very difficult to find in any other food item, due to which today the whole world is using turmeric in many ways.
What is Turmeric? / What is Turmeric
Turmeric is called Turmeric in English, and turmeric is a plant that belongs to the ginger family. Turmeric is scientifically named curcuma longa; It looks like ginger. It is used more in the form of powder all over the world. Turmeric is very famous as a spice not only in India but all over the world and it is difficult to imagine any vegetable or non-veg dish without turmeric.
Benefits of Turmeric
1) Increase immunity – If you want to keep the body healthy then it is very important to strengthen the immune system. According to a research, turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory agents which increase white blood cells in the blood and due to this the body’s immunity increases.
2) Digestive system – Many times the digestive system is weakened due to wrong diet and wrong lifestyle, in this case the anti-inflammatory elements and curcumin present in turmeric correct the digestive system as well as the amount of anti-oxidants in turmeric which is found. Protects you from stomach ulcers.
3) Prevention of Alzheimer’s – A research has revealed that as a person starts to cross 60-65 years of age, and the person starts to use his brain, then slowly he gets a dangerous disease like Alzheimer’s. It takes Alzheimer’s is a disease in which the brain starts to weaken and shrinks due to which the ability of a person to think, think and remember decreases very fast. Curcumine found in turmeric has some properties that can protect you from Alzheimer’s.
4) Arthritis – According to a research turmeric is very beneficial in arthritis. In a research conducted at Harvard Medical School, 139 people had knee pain or joint pain which is a type of arthritis, they were given 500 mg of turmeric three times a day for 1 month and after 1 month their There was a lot of relief in the pain of arthritis, which proves that if the people suffering from arthritis start consuming turmeric in the right quantity, then their arthritis problem will definitely reduce.
5) Heal the wound quickly – In India, whenever someone used to get a big injury, no type of cream was applied on it, rather turmeric was applied on that wound according to a research. Has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help in healing the wound quickly.
6) Pain Relievers – Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory elements and many research has revealed that anti-inflammatory properties are a type of pen killer which helps in reducing any type of pain. If you have body pain or muscle soreness, then you should consume 500 mg turmeric three times a day, your pain will decrease significantly in a few days.
7) Cough – Turmeric has been used as a cough medicine in Ayurveda for many years, in fact, the effect of turmeric is hot, which helps to reduce or cure cough, not only the anti-inflammatory elements present in turmeric. It is also known to be very effective in infections related to lungs and diseases like asthma. People whose lungs are weak or suffering from some disease must take turmeric.
8) Beneficial in periods – Many women have unbearable pain and stomach cramps during periods, so if women start consuming turmeric twice a day then the anti-inflammatory elements present in it can reduce the pain quite rapidly. For this, it is most beneficial for women to consume turmeric milk.
9) Benefits of Turmeric in Depression – The kind of lifestyle that people are experiencing, depression is coming very easily in people and how dangerous is depression, it shows that many people also commit suicide due to depression. Let’s do it. According to a research, turmeric has anti-anxiety properties which help in fighting depression, so those who suffer from depression must drink turmeric milk daily.
10) Benefits of Turmeric for Heart – Turmeric contains an element called curcumin which also has cardioprotective properties. A study found that people who have had bypass surgery, if they are given turmeric regularly, then the risk of recurring heart attack is reduced to a great extent.
11) Curb Increasing Weight – Many research has revealed that turmeric helps in controlling the metabolism of the body, due to which it helps to stop the increasing weight of the body. The quantity of sugar also starts decreasing due to which your weight is increasing due to hormonal dysbalance, then your weight does not increase.
12) Benefits of turmeric in diabetes – According to a research, turmeric has anti-diabetic properties and in the same research it was also ensured that if a diabetic patient consumes 12 grams of turmeric every day, then his diabetes is under control. Can be kept, however, if you are taking diabetes medicine, do not leave it at all.
13) Cancer – As a result of many research, it has been revealed that turmeric contains curcumin element which has anti cancer and antineoplastic properties which helps the body in destroying cancer cells. Not only this, many research also claims It has been done that regular intake of turmeric reduces the risk of prostate cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer to a great extent, although if someone has cancer, he needs medical treatment to cure turmeric. Cannot be fixed
Benefits of turmeric for skin
14) Nail-pimples – Turmeric has anti-bacterial and antifungal properties. If you have problems with nail pimples, then you should consume turmeric and you should also apply turmeric paste on your skin. Start recovering
15) Enhance complexion – You must have seen the use of turmeric in many beauty products, because turmeric is also found to contain antioxidants which removes the upper layer of skin ie dead cells and also helps in improving the complexion of skin. That is why in India, the bride and groom are applied turmeric paste to enhance their color and make them look more beautiful in their wedding.
16) Psoriasis – Psoriasis is a type of skin related disease in which the skin starts to get crushed, rash starts as well as itching, which makes a person’s body look very ugly. Turmeric has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-oxidant properties that can cure a problem like psoriasis. If turmeric paste is applied on the skin regularly, turmeric can also cure problems like psoriasis.
Use of turmeric
- Turmeric is most commonly used as a spice in vegetables in India.
- You can also sprinkle a little turmeric over the salad and eat, it increases its taste and nutrition.
- Turmeric milk is famous all over India, you can drink half a teaspoon of turmeric in milk, it is very beneficial for health.
- If you are fond of tea, you can also drink turmeric in tea, it increases the nutritional and taste of the tea.
- If you are fond of drinking soup, you can also add turmeric to the soup and it increases the nutritional and taste of the soup.
- If you want to apply turmeric paste on your skin, you can take turmeric powder and mix raw milk or rose water in it and apply it on your skin.